“The City of Weatherby Lake, incorporated in 1959, covers approximately 836 acres of which the lake consists of 274 acres. It is a private lake community consisting of approximately 2,000 residents with 736 homes and is conveniently located just north of Kansas City, Missouri and minutes from Kansas City International Airport.
Named for the 274-acre lake created in 1937 that is the centerpiece of the City, Weatherby Lake offers a variety of recreational activities that define lake living, such as fishing, swimming & sailing. Residents embrace a strong sense of volunteerism and community pride.
In addition to its many amenities, Weatherby Lake supports eight city parks, various social and civic organizations and has a Community Center available for resident activities and public rental.
Surrounded by native trees, curving roads and rolling hills, Weatherby Lake is truly a special place to live!” (cityofweatherbylake.com)
Weatherby Lake Parks:
- Weatherby Lake Community Center – 8320 NW Potomac Road
Tennis Courts, Basketball, Playground and Activity Field.
- Birmingham Park – 72nd Terrace & 73rd Terrace
Rest Area & Picnic Tables
- Thompson Park – 73rd Terrace west of NW Eastside Drive
Tennis Courts & Playground
- Cristhaven Park – 7600 Block NW Roberts Road
Sand Volleyball Court, Playground, Basketball, & Walking Trail.
- King Park – 75th Street west of Eastside Drive
- Rocky Point/Weatherby Lake Harbor Park
9200 Block NW Rocky Point Drive
Picnic Area & Tire Swing
- Wayland Park – Wayland Drive & Wayland Court
- Weatherby Drive Park – 8200 NW Weatherby Drive
- Fine Art League
- Fishing Club
- Garden Club
- Irish-American Club
- Junior Sailing
- Know Thy Neighbor
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors
- Stitch Group
- Weatherby Lake Yacht Club
- Weatherby Single Friends
- Womens Club
For additional information about Weatherby Lake, please visit their website: http://www.cityofweatherbylake-mo.gov/default.aspx